Our Funeral Directors
Mario Teixeira Jr.
I, Mario Teixeira Jr, Lifelong Resident of Newark, educated in the Newark Public School System. I attended Newark College of Engineering in Newark and entered Funeral Service in 1957 attending The McAllister School of Embalming of NYC. I apprenticed and worked in various Funeral Homes, and in 1963 purchased the Buyus Funeral Home of Newark. In 1980, I purchased the Shaw - Buyus Home for Services of Kearny, in 1986 the Rucki Funeral Home and in 1988 The Bernauer Funeral Home.
I have been actively involved in my community. I was elected the First president of the Parish Council of Our lady of Fatima Church, Past Director of the Portuguese Language School of the Sport Club Portuguese, Past President of the Ironbound Kiwanis Club, Past President of the Portuguese Continental Union and received "Distinguished Service Award" from the Corporate Headquarters in Boston Ma., the Portuguese Continental Credit Union, both of Newark.
During the Mayor Gibson's administration of Newark, I served as a commissioner for the Newark Senior Citizens Council. Member of the National Funeral Directors Assoc., Member of the Essex, Union & W. Hudson Counties Funeral Directors Assoc. and Member of the NJ Funeral Directors Assoc. I served for many years as Trustee for St. James Hospital of Newark, and Advisory Board Member of the Ironbound Ambulance Squad of Newark, Former Vice President & Trustee of the St. James Foundation, for the sole purpose of awarding funds to many "Health Care related services for the Ironbound Section of Newark. All of Newark. I served as a Director for Penn Federal Savings Bank of Newark/West Orange for 36 years, and retired in 2006.
- Pingry School, Hillside NJ graduated 1979
- College of Wooster, Wooster Ohio, graduated 1983
- American Academy/Mcallister Institute 1984
- Licensed Funeral Director Since 1985
- Married 1988 (Josette LaMonica )
- Resident of East Hanover NJ since 1990
- Son Mario V
- Member NFDA, NJSFDA
- Essex Union & West Hudson FDA, served as president for the 02-04 term
- Pingry School, Hillside NJ graduated 1981
- Ursinus College Collegeville, PA for 2 years
- Graduate of St. Elizabeth's College, Covent Station, NJ
- Gradudated American Academy/Mc Allister Institute 1987
- Licensed Funeral Director since 1992
- Member of NJSFDA -Essex Union & West Hudson
|MARIO TEIXEIRA JR.
N.J. Lic. No 2542
|MARIO TEIXEIRA IV
N.J. Lic. No 3757
|MONIQUE TEIXEIRA |
N.J. Lic. No 4048